View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 02:24 AM   #1
Vanguard3000
Groupie
Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Generating a rough "table of contents"

Currently, I'm using a Kobo for ereading, and as you all may know, there's no way to simply skip to a certain page. What this can mean is, with some epubs not formatted with a table of contents, getting through to where you left off on your hard copy of the book can mean tons and tons of page turns.

I was wondering if there was a way for Calibre, while converting an epub, to make up a table of contents by simply breaking up the file into a user-specific number of sections (say, ten), and marking those as "chapters" on the ToC. That way, the reader could at least fast-forward to the 70%-mark of the book, and find their place from there.

Calibre seems to have several ToC options available in the conversion menu, but none of them seem to work for me, and I don't seem to be seeing my answer in the help pages.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Vanguard3000 is offline   Reply With Quote