Thread: MobileRead May 2013 *Category* Poll
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 11:02 AM   #32
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I can easily find a book that is so far into one category that the other is not even in site with a Hubble telescope. So no, they are not in the same ballpark. They can be very far apart. Take cozy mysteries for example. They are very very far away from thrillers.
Anyone can find examples to prove a point. What I said was that they are generally in the same ball-park, even if they are different (and I agree that they are). They are much closer than, say, Thrillers and Classics (and yes, I know some classics are thrillers, but hopefully you get my gist).

I still say that even as one category you can nominate either a Mystery or a Thriller (and books can even be both), no harm done .

Last edited by orlok; 01-08-2013 at 11:04 AM.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote