View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 01:39 PM   #34
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbob001 View Post
Does this mean the ability to add notes to an existing document or is this a separate application that opens a blank page for notes? Big difference since the former means possible annotation/notes support for PDfs, ePubs, Images, HTML, etc and each separate viewer possibly needs to be updated with this ability.
They list both. The "note taking application" is probably a seperate app for notes. Later in the list they say "scribbles" for PDFs, which means annotation on existing PDF documents.

Quote:
As for viewing the notes on the PC, IREX's companion software did something like merging the document and annotations into a new PDF file. Well, as long as the notes are in a separate single file sitting alongside the document, so it can be backed up or moved with the document, then I'm fine with the way it is, at least, initially.
I assume this is something they will address later. I think the companion software takes care of this for the DR1000. Since the DR800 doesn't come with companion software (although I haven't tried using the existing version with a DR800), they would need to put together a separate PC app to import/convert notes... or else make the companion software compatible with the DR800 (assuming it isn't already).
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote