View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 01:46 PM   #11
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Calibre and Kindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
I'm going to be using a Kindle 2 for my reader....I'm expecting to receive it tomorrow so haven't actually used it yet, but my understanding is that it has no folder structure available.

Do I understand correctly that Calibre will help me keep mobi, pdf, and other format books organized on my hard drive, but that it is not able to go on the Kindle and put any kind of structure or organization there?
You are correct. Calibre will mate with your Kindle and allow you to easily transfer books from your Calibre library to your kindle. Calibre offers added features for keeping track of your ebooks, with synopis, cover pictures, user generated tags and rating system and easily converts from all undrm'd formats to .mobi for your Kindle.

If you have specific issues or problems, post and someone will help you. Kovid is always very prompt in handling any technical questions.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote