View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 03:14 PM   #28
Backi
Connoisseur
Backi has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: PB912 Matt White
Quote:
Originally Posted by soilwork View Post
I agree that the photo looks quite promising and I am anxiously waiting for users' hands-on review.

But to point out one thing, only Ectaco claim that JC has 1600 * 1200 resolution but not Hanvon. Hanvon do not claim C920 (which JC is based on) has 1600*1200 resolution. Hanvon advertise the 1600 * 1200 (with 200dpi) resolution for their greyscale version (E920), though. You can compare the information on two devices here.

http://www.hanvon.com/en/products/eb...ucts-C920.html
http://www.hanvon.com/en/products/eb...ucts-E920.html

If Hanvon C920 (which JC is based on) can actually display 1600 * 1200 resolution, I guess Hanvon would have advertised it as well, so I am a bit skeptical about Ectaco's claim.
Someone on the russian board also noticed, that one can't find the resolution on the product page. I watched this video recently and at 1:48 the asian representative says 1600x1200 (the other both misunderstood her ):

Well, let us wait a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PF4Mobile View Post
Why are you assuming that displaying the characters means that they are readable? You might see exactly what the camera say...that is not much
Then it would be very difficult to sell the device on chinese market. Wait, that's why they are exporting all their rebranded stocks to the west!

Last edited by Backi; 01-08-2012 at 06:07 PM.
Backi is offline   Reply With Quote