View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 10:39 AM   #8
chedva
chedva began at the beginning.

Device: sony ebook touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganK View Post
No, you will require conversion. And you may need to strip the DRM first (if you haven't already).

Scratch that.

You could install Aldiko and read using that application, but it won't be the integrated Amazon experience with anything but Amazon books or books you convert to the Amazon format.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
You should be able to with the Kindle Fire. The Mantano app which is $7 at the app store will read your epubs if they allow it on the Fire. There is some speculation on what apps work with the Fire. We don't know yet if you can sideload apps if so then there are many other epub eReader apps to choose from. Mantano has a free version on the Market but not yet on Amazon's app store I don't think.

A normal eInk Kindle wont read epubs and you will need to convert them to mobi for them to work but the Kindle Fire is a Android tablet so it will work if Amazon allows those apps.
both! If they make it easy, I'll definitely consider the Fire. I'm also going to look at how to do the conversion from Epub to mobi (that's the Kindle format, right?). I'm excited to take advantage of the lending library.
chedva is offline   Reply With Quote