View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 11:58 AM   #11
kindlematic
Enthusiast
kindlematic began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dxg
Thanks zetareticuli.
I did not buy the Kindle for buying ebooks from Amazon. My primary interest is:
1. I'm tired of reading from a computer screen and I don't like printing all this paper
2. I have tons of reading I need to do, mostly academic documents and reports published solely in PDF format - meaning: stuff that is not nor will any time soon be sold by Amazon in Kindle format.
3. I also happen to be a subscriber of some publications also available in PDF, and I don't like the idea of printing 100+ pages a week for a magazine.

I am enjoying the screen of the DXG, my first e-reader, and I can see myself downloading some free books and possibly buying some books in the future, but proper PDF support is very important to me. I want to keep it, but I'm worried it will not improve as much as it should. Perhaps with the SDK, but we haven't heard anything since January about it.

I am sure that PDF users are an important target for the DXG, and there is no way Amazon can ignore that. The thing is: I'm sure people would even pay for a better PDF support, because it's such a waste of time, having to optimize single documents all of the time.

By the way: I have tried converting a multi-column PDF file via the free Amazon service, and it does work ok, however most of the 'f' disappear, making the document hard to read..

I would be happy to help you identifying all that needs fixing in terms of PDF on Kindle, and to test anything you might develop...
kindlematic is offline   Reply With Quote