View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 10:53 AM   #10
zetareticuli
Addict
zetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litter

Device: Aztak Mentor
Kindlematic, that is an excellent list of needed PDF features you came up with. Let me ask you, the current Kindle DXG as it is now does not fit your needs? Is it worth buying it for PDF documents? Are you considering returning it solely on the basis of poor PDF support?
I think with the Kindle SDK there is a good chance the PDF viewer can be improved independently from Amazon. I am really not counting on Amazon too much for them to fix PDF functionality. If the SDK is good enough, it could very well be on us to fix it. The list you have come up with is definitely something that can be done fairly easy by Amazon since they have the framework and the source code. I think there is no secret. As others have suggested, Amazon wants you to buy books in Kindle format. If the PDF functionality is awesome, many people who are now buying Kindle books would probably read the PDF version for free. I think there is an obvious financial interest in the poor PDF support.
zetareticuli is offline   Reply With Quote