View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 12:42 PM   #55
Monteagle
Monteagle began at the beginning.

Device: Treo 700w
Paid $0 today at BooksOnBoard and received $24 back in Rewards

Whatever anyone wants to say, my credit card account and my savings account speak loudest of all. I just received a lot of reading for almost nothing from BooksOnBoard.

The BooksOnBoard Rewards Dollars program, in its current form, is UN-beatable - and here's the proof!
(ereader.com, owned and controlled by FWise, copied the "rewards dollars" name from BooksOnBoard a few weeks ago, but I've been getting "Rewards Dollars" from BooksOnBoard off and on for well over a year.)
Rather than debate it in this forum, run the math yourself. Someone will always answer back with their twist on the forum, but I let my own math tell the story for me. (With Wall Street ripping all of us off already, can't afford to trust anyone else these days.)

Here's what I found: This morning, I "purchased" $67.93 worth of ebooks and an audio book at BooksOnBoard. My net charge was only $23.50. I received $33.63 in Rewards and $10.80 in discounts.

Total savings 65%.

But my credit card and my PayPal were not charged! I used $57.23 in Rewards, accumulated from past purchases, to make this purchase. And I received more Rewards when I did it - $33.63 in Rewards to be exact.

I double-dipped. BooksOnBoard is the only outfit that does this - and my guess is they will eventually stop it - but you can use Rewards dollars to buy Rewards Dollars product. The other stores do not let you do that.

For reference, the books purchased were:

Double Cross (eBook) by James Patterson;
Bad Money by Kevin Phillips (AudioBook MP3, DRM-free);
The Express (eBook) by Robert Gallagher;
A Man Most Wanted (eBook) by John Le Carre.
Monteagle is offline   Reply With Quote