View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 12:02 PM   #15
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
As a result of your question, I went back and checked the state library site for their exact language, and they've changed their policy. Good to know. No renewals, but you can get back on the waiting list. Thanks!

As for the other.... we're all run into them. Unfortunately. I hope you followed him/her around until the book made it back onto the shelf and then snatched it up with a mad cackle.
The policy is there for a good reason: to keep someone from monopolizing the book. It's important that it be on the shelf for a certain amount of time so that browsers can come across it. Not everyone uses the catalogue. My library used have an issue with a gentleman who would check out all the books on resumes and employment and, when the renewals were expired, do as you suggest. We had to institute a waiting period to allow other people to get a crack at the book. Libraries are as much for the browsers and the people who read in the library as for those who check out the books.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote