View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 03:16 AM   #1
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
How to keep certain lines together?

When a chapter is also divided up into say a dozen sections, each with their own number, it often happens that the number of the next part is at the end of one page and the text starts on the following page. Is there something that can be added in the stylesheet that will force those 2 parts, the number and first paragraph of the new section, to always stay together?

What I've done in the past is to force a new page when there's a new section within a chapter, but some of them are very short and really don't need that. I'd be happy if I could find a way just to prevent the section number being split from the first paragraph of that section.

I've read about "page-break-before: avoid" (or use "always" if you want to force a page break), but that didn't work to keep the lines together.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote