View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 08:04 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by HFC3 View Post
Actually, I read that about Calibre and ZIP somewhere - which is what let me to try to add my Audiobooks into Calibre. I knew it said Calibre wouldn't handle ZIP files, but I tried it just to see what it would do.
Thanks for your help!
Cool, IMO you've made a wise choice by avoiding ZIP.

But, not because of any deficiency in Calibre. Calibre can handle ZIPs in the same way as it is doing with your ZIPX's and my 7z's. But it can also process a ZIP as an ebook providing it has suitable content. My rationale for avoiding ZIP and RAR for non-ebook content is not because of any deficiencies in calibre, but to protect me from confusing myself.

I sometimes save Filtered HTML from Word, when I put it into calibre it creates a ZIP, which I can read in calibre viewer and convert with impunity. So when I see a ZIP I don't have to think is it an ebook or some other 'stuff'.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote