View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 08:30 AM   #15
wn1ytw
wn1ytw began at the beginning.

Device: kindle PW2, PW3 & KV; Kobo Glo HD
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
First, did you restart calibre after changing the IP address in the plugin? That is required for anything good to happen.

If you restarted calibre and it doesn't work, then I am sure that the problem comes from the IP address 167.20.92.58. This is a public IP address (directly on the internet), and it is not surprising that bonjour refuses to work with that. Apple wouldn't want random folks around the world using your printer. Question: do you really want your computer to be directly connected to the internet?

I have made a change to the wireless connection driver (the Smartapp Interface) to ignore bonjour errors. This change will be available in the next calibre release, that is in a week. If you don't want to wait that long, something I certainly understand, then contact Steven (my son) for a refund for CC. You can send him email from within CC. Click on the menu "button" (the three dots), select Help, then tap Email. Give him the purchase information (at least the google play account name and approximate purchase time. The transaction ID would be helpful) and he will refund your money.

FYI: the content server already ignores bonjour errors, which is why it works in this situation.

I really don't have much choice. I'm a patient in a nursing home using their WIFI.. I can wait a week I'm patient (pun intended)
No need for a refund.
Thank you
scott
wn1ytw is offline   Reply With Quote