View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 02:36 PM   #5
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMacD View Post
Number of e-reader app downloads doesn't equate to number of books sold for those free apps. For example, lots of people will download both Stanza and the Amazon Kindle app. A lot of those will try out a free book to see how they like the experience. Some of those will never go any farther, some will actually delete the apps. Some unknown percentage will become e-book readers. I started on a Palm Pilot with a free app and have never looked back. I am on my second Kindle and as soon as the iPod Touch gets a camera I will upgrade my Palm to that as well.
That's not what they said. Let me try this again. Sales of ebooks themselves make up 14% of the App Store, not reader app sales. And that 3 million isn't sales of reader apps, it's the number of users.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote