View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 07:02 PM   #43
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Interesting. I don't think many of us read at 1500 WPM but what do I know.
I think WT Sharpe is just a tiny bit skeptical with regard to the reading speeds that are often stated/claimed on MobileRead I'm actually quite skeptical, and openly so. Oh, I don't doubt that there are people who are faster than I am, but some claims are just too much to be believable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Even if you read so slow as 5 minutes per page a 400 page book is then 2000 minutes which is around 35 hours. If you want to read you should be able to read 2-4 books per month even at that speed.
That would mean a full work week to read one book. It would be quite tough to put 4 work weeks of reading into a month, next to a normal job. (I know; I've recently put in 2-3 work weeks of studying while having a normal job, and it's not funny.)

Last edited by Katsunami; 10-30-2013 at 07:05 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote