Thread: PRS-T1 getting adb working
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 06:47 PM   #30
j0534ng31
Connoisseur
j0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-T1 black
Quote:
Originally Posted by giosa View Post
An example that will work, root required
Yes, I suppose it should work, at least it's almost the same way I'll do it.

Quote:
1.Rename any of your favorite fonts set(a fonts set contains four fonts, normally regular,bold,italic,bolditalic to "VerdanaW1G.otf, VerdanaW1G-Bold.otf, VerdanaW1G-BoldItalic.otf, VerdanaW1G-Italic.otf" (your fonts can be either "ttf" or "otf", but you must rename them as the name listed above)
I don't know if this is required...

I mean, I suppose font file names must be renamed as "font_name"/"font_name-Regular", "font_name-Bold", "font_name-BoldItalic", "font_name-Italic" (always ended in .ttf or .otf)

But I don't know for sure if/why our new font name must replace an existing one.

Quote:
And, if you reboot your T1, the bind will also disappear, so I recommend to use GScript.apk to run this command easily once after the T1 was boot up.
You can also try to create a shell script as '/system/etc/install-recovery.sh' and add the bind command into it (instead of using GScript.apk).

This script should be automatically executed at boot time.

Quote:
Do you mean this method? if so I doubt it will solve my problem, because it doesn't seem to deal with book titles, TOC, bookmarks etc. it only helps change fonts in reader, am I wrong?
I don't know... I'll have to dig a bit more...

I suppose:
  • The clock font is 'Clockopia.ttf'.

• The rest of system fonts must be 'tt0003m_.ttf', or 'tt0011m_.ttf', or 'tt0419m_.ttf', or...

• They can be included into the font collection 'SWNMTeb.ttc'

I bet for 'tt0003m_.ttf' as menu font, and the font collection 'SWNMTeb.ttc' as the dictionary fonts

EDITED:

Some info I've found in a guide:
Quote:
The fonts that come with the Reader are Swis721 BT, Dutch801 Rm BT and Courier10 BT, with filenames tt0003m_.ttf, tt0011m_.ttf, tt0419m_.ttf, respectively. The font used for body text (that is, the text of the books) is Dutch801 Rm BT. The other two are mostly used around the Reader's interface (and sometimes for book titles).
The original document is not intended for our Sony model, but some of the info can still be useful. I've attached it to this message, but I cannot give the due credits because I can't remember when/where I've downloaded it.

About the way to write the modified cramfs, I'd boot in 'recovery mode', then I'd mount the sdcard filesystem to /mnt/sdcard or /tmp/sdcard, and then:

Code:
dd if=/mnt/sdcard/mynewfonts.img of=/dev/mmcblk2p5
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Guide to changing fonts v1.2.pdf (7.83 MB, 281 views)

Last edited by j0534ng31; 02-05-2012 at 09:02 PM.
j0534ng31 is offline   Reply With Quote