View Single Post
Old 11-27-2014, 05:25 PM   #63
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
If your library is in the US, then you could get a Kindle. Is there any reason it *must* be EPUB?

Kindle books can be checked out from OverDrive and redirected to a loan redemption page on amazon.com, where it gets added to your account and then you can sync from the Kindle.

Unfortunately, OverDrive only offers Kindle as a checkout option in the US.

Failing that, what PeterT said might work. Depends on how the OverDrive Chrome app works.

I have a nasty suspicion it would store the books in a heavily obfuscated Chrome cache. Also, you'd need to log into the same Adobe ID on the app and the ereader -- but I believe OverDrive recently took steps to make you use an OverDrive login which masks an Adobe ID???
I could be wrong -- I don't use it myself.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote