Thread: Book Formats
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 10:46 AM   #2
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by puremagic View Post
I have the PRS505, and am wanting to start and buy some books other than waterstones.

I have looked at booksonboard, fictionwise and a few others. I am very confused about the formats.

I do have digital editions on my laptop so is it just the adobe version I download.

I just use the standard Ebook libary that I got with my 505. I'm nervous about calibre as I dont want to muck it all up. I have read about a new sony software update but could not find anything on the uk site.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sarah
Yes it's the Abode version but it's not very pretty. If you have a windows computer, please look into the Lit format, you need to download Microsoft Lit Reader. Then just Google Convertlit Gui (that will help you deDRM Lit files), last but not lease Calibre, you can then make a Sony book in either LRF or ePud. After the initial setup, it takes about a minute to go to the steps.

Last edited by Lilly; 02-12-2009 at 05:01 PM.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote