View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 09:25 PM   #61
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
I just read that Apple is supposed to release a "low cost iPhone" some time this year???? That sounds weird.
I think it's a bunch of BS. But then I feel very different about wireless vs other people and it's mostly me hoping that this DOESN'T happen.

It makes me very angry that people who are on postpaid accounts on AT&T and other places pay a certain amount of money, and are forced onto these plans where unless AT&T brings in the options to postpaid, we can't really downgrade or make changes to our accounts that suit our needs better. Yet, they give these better choices to people who pretty much come and go as they please on prepaid accounts.

I think opening up smartphone usage on prepaid plans was a horrible move. I think that if you can't afford to pay for the data and all the other bits that you have to pay in order to use a smartphone, than you shouldn't even have one to begin with. Prepaid wasn't designed to be for people wanting to save money, it was a service created to help those who didn't have lines of credit, or a background of anything and couldn't sign for the two-year plans upfront.

If every customer was paying $30 a month, these places wouldn't survive. And it's that kind of freedom that makes T-Mobile very unreliable here. There are too many people on their prepaid plans, paying $10-20 a month, and using the free internet, that you get so many outages.

I DO NOT want to be the person that is helping to pay for the greedy people who want unlimited talk and text, when I'd have to pay $40+ more for the privilege to do the same thing and I'm already paying $60. These are not people who are underprivileged, broke, and on benefits, these are just idiots who aren't willing to not blow off their money on other junk to pay for their phone bill like the rest of us.

And I say that as the person who is disabled, on benefits, has two high risk credit cards, built up their damn credit score by paying a card in full every month, and has been on postpaid on HER OWN for the last few years. And I'm only 24.

And my right leg is all screwed up, so is my right hand, I'm half blind, I can barely talk, but I still manage to run a mile to get to the front of a store because I REFUSE to sign the forms to get handicapped parking passes unlike most "handicapped" people. I DON'T NEED THEM, I am not THAT handicapped. I can't work at most places due to discrimination, but I still try and live like everyone else - By going to college and getting at least some certificates and taking one or two classes per semester just to do SOMETHING productive, and paying the same as everyone else. Hell, I don't even use the insurance that comes with the benefits. I put some money aside and save it for those rainy days where I need to go to the clinic of my choice, and to get glasses at the place where I want to go. I SAVE you tax money by doing it that way.

But anyway, they either need to make it fair, or not even give those people the option. Because at the end of the day, you DON'T want the majority of your postpaid users jumping to the other side to pay less and soon enough that will happen, especially when the options are getting BETTER on that side.

/Rant.

Last edited by Jessica Lares; 05-30-2013 at 09:28 PM.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote