View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 09:42 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
The Ugly Truth - Reading Snobs

Have you ever been the subject of reading snobbery simply because you like to read about zombies trailing intestinal debris behind them?

Or you find enjoyment in reading Romance novels?

Ever been made fun of because you can't get enough Michener or some other thick historical novel that weighs a ton?

Have scornful looks been cast your way because you enjoy reading Space Opera - the old school? And no one ever has sex in these creaky old (but enjoyable!) monstrosities.

Would you be caught dead in public reading Edgar Rice Burroughs, Lin Carter, Otis Adelbert Kline? (How old did you say you are?)

I have wide-ranging reading habits and read everything from Westerns (occasionally) to Horror, to Sci-Fi, to Fantasy, to Historical Fiction, to Mystery

Do you admit to reading Thomas Pynchon or William Gaddis? (Yes! I do!)

I even read a Harlequin Romance once, because I was seeing the author. I'm glad I read it, because now I know it's something I don't care to read in the future.

So: Are you misunderstood, made fun of, kicked aside like last year's old ebook Reader (the one without a font-light) simply because of what you like to read?

Do you have a story to tell?

Or are you too embarrassed?

Don
(I even read Indie novels and stories)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote