View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 10:43 AM   #53
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
People that are more worried about reading what's "socially acceptable" than about reading what they enjoy deserve the joyless lives that they give themselves.

If you like the "classics" then read them. If you like Snooki's book, then read it. There is no reason to be either proud or ashamed of what you are reading, it's whether you are reading at all.

Shari
Very true. While I am aware of what people deem 'socially acceptable' - I am learning not to let what other people may or may not think take away from me doing things I enjoy It takes time... sometimes there's the initial blush of a response, but other times, oh well. They asked haha. (I'm a recovering people-pleaser)

I like a bit of just about everything, and just doing what you like regardless of other people's opinions is very freeing.

Last edited by spindlegirl; 10-04-2012 at 10:47 AM.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote