View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 12:14 PM   #9
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali Yuga View Post
I believe the problem is that while B&N is giving you a raft of free ebooks, it doesn't sound like anything that people actually want.

I'm not upset by this, but in my opinion this is a poor move on B&N's part. It'd be much better if they included, say, a dozen free / public domain classics and a few good titles from different types of books. I'm far more enticed by $50 in good books than $300 in schlock.
well titles of what people want are always going to be subjectable to the person especially in books What's a good book to you is not to another.

I love Stephen King, $300 to me would be insane. My wife can't stand him so $300 worth would be wasted. You have to cross all demographics.

and again they are FREE.

It sort of reminds of people complaining when an ice cream store offers free samples and there is always that one person that complains because it's not the full blown sundae of his size and topping choosing.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote