View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 06:12 AM   #4
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhudston View Post
I think amazon missed a trick here. Sony beat the kindle to the ebook Market in the UK by a wide margin, so those who were after a dedicated reader, already had a device.
Not in all cases. I've been keeping an eye on e-readers for years, but only bought one in September. Two things held me back - I wanted to see one for myself, and I didn't want to pay more than £100-£150.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhudston View Post
That and the fact you can't side load into the kindle, and some recent bad press on the BBC watchdog program over kindle pricing, means I think that the kindle will always struggle here in the UK.
You can side load onto the Kindle: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cust...=200493090#usb
I wasn't aware of bad press on Watchdog. Was it about ebook prices or hardware prices? I don't suppose you have an iPlayer link?
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote