Thread: Frozen Kobo
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 03:57 AM   #1
rischa
rischa began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Unhappy Frozen Kobo

Hi there, I've been lurking for quite a while now... the main reason I don't really say anything is because up until now my Kobo has been working perfectly. I've probably had it for about 6 months now, and apart from all the common issues (font size etc) it's been great.

Today on my lunch break, I finished reading a book (DRM-free epub, loaded via Calibre) and started reading another (The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn... the kobo version that came with the device) which was all fine - when I was done I powered off as is my habit. This evening I've gone to power up Kobo again and it can't get any further than the 7 little black bars. I've done several paper clip resets to no avail. When I plug Kobo into the PC, the PC sees it fine, but the Kobo doesn't indicate that it's been plugged in.

It's an original Kobo, on the original firmware (since I've been happy I haven't seen the need to update, plus I like having cover images). Anyone have any ideas? I'm afraid I'll have to replace the dB, but I'd rather not if it's avoidable.

Thanks in advance!
rischa is offline   Reply With Quote