View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 06:50 PM   #59
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecgeo View Post
I went on the SonyStyle Canada store and the 650 is listed for Pre-order and the 350 (pink only) is available for order. I didn't place any order so no idea about delivery dates. I ordered two kindle 3 s a week ago (Wi-Fi only) for my wife and myself because it seemed the best product for the price. I had considered the Sony 300 beforehand but a 6 inch display is more appealing and the 600 screen was too murky.

I really think Sony is going to have to consider dropping prices to compete for market share with the kindle, and I say this despite the fact that I would rather go with ePub and open platform/multiple ebook sourcing. But almost twice the price and no Wi-Fi? come on Sony.
Yes, I agree. I bought a K3 and I love it, but I also wanted to get a new sony. The 350 cost me $194.39 with sales tax (Sony has a presence in Texas) compared to the $139 I paid for my Kindle WiFi only (no Amazon presence in Texas so no sales tax). So the Kindle was $55.39 cheaper, has a larger screen, and has WiFi. Sony is definitely proud of their merchandise!

BTW, I included the sales tax in the comparison because for many people it is a legitimate concern. There are a lot more states with a Sony presence than there are with an Amazon presence, so sales tax becomes an issue to be considered if when you are making a price comparison.

Last edited by jswinden; 09-08-2010 at 06:54 PM.