View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 12:01 PM   #15
fidvo
Addict
fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The way I look at it is if the OP is not doing anything illegal, then the OP can tell us so and then nobody will have an issue helping. But the OP chose to ignore my question. That again raises red flags. I've never heard of anyone with 100,000 eBooks that were obtained legally. I could be wrong, but that's for the OP to tell us.
That's why I don't ask. I'm not here to judge, I'm here to give and receive advice. Honestly, I don't want to know if he's doing something illegal, because then I have to decide whether I can in good conscience offer my advice. Even if he obtained his library illegally, the advice itself applies just as well to legitimate cases, so why withhold it? I don't want that responsibility, so I'm not going to go out of my way to find out whether the person who asked for it will use it for nefarious purposes. What he chooses to do with it is his responsibility, not mine.

But like I said, I would never presume to tell you what to do. If your conscience tells you not to give advice because the situation seems shady, then I applaud you for taking a stand.

It's all academic anyway, since I've never tried adding that many books to my library so I have no advice to give.
fidvo is offline   Reply With Quote