View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 06:29 PM   #124
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
I'm just wondering is there an analog to the MPAA/RIAA et al within the book world? Some organisation that might be steering these companies in the wrong direction when it comes to DRM and it uses? I still can't believe that any sane business-person would intentionally alienate their customers. It doesn't make sense at all. Especially since Amazon provide non-DRM'ed MP3 downloads.
My guess is that whoever decided to go this route really has no conception of what customer loyalty and customer alienation can to for or against a brand name.

Circuit City found out the hard way. Their motto used to be "Where Customer Service is State of the Art" .... and then those of us who realized how awful customer service actually was morphed that into "Where Customer Service Smells Just Like a Fart" .... and eventually they went belly up.

It may take a while, but if Amazon.com decides that it must have a level of control that equates to the grip of grim death over it's customers, then people are going to start buying from the competition.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote