Thread: Folder layers
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 07:22 AM   #7
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Just double checking

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Since the EZ Readers are running Linux under the hood, it is a good idea to avoid spaces in folder names. Use a "_" instead, as illustrated by theducks. This may not make a difference, but it won't hurt. Spaces in filenames could also be problematic, but I would leave these alone if you have lots of ebooks that way already. If starting out, avoid spaces.

Linux does not in principle mind spaces in file names, but Linux scripts often don't have the required quotes around filenames because spaces are so rare in traditional Linux filenames.
So, what I need to do is, for example
Janet_Evanovich
Stephanie_Plum
But does the book name need the_ or not?
Should it be
One_For_The_Money
Or can the actual book name be
One For The Money

Either way is fine, I will just have to go back into Calibre and rename my Janet Evanovich books. I'd rather do it right to start than have to start all over again!
I love being able to use folder/file format. I put books on my neighbors Sony 600 for her and use the Sony software to make collections and synch with her library. I really just don't like it. I know there is a way to use Calibre, but I am working on her computer with her reader so I kind of have to use what she wants. Maybe once I get good at Calibre I can show her how much better it is.
S
My reader is still in Raleigh, so I won't get it till Monday
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote