View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 07:43 PM   #29
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
Also, dedicated e-readers don't have to boot up, which is a major plus in my view.

If Crunchpad and Chrome OS take a footing this/next year that won't be a problem. They're both rumoured to boot as quick as you would boot into a bios screen, and use the web browser as the OS (something I'm very excited about) and the cloud for all storage:

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/06/03...nch-prototype/

Everything is moving so rapidly I just can't shake the feeling that a year from now there'll be technology available that I haven't even imagined yet (which is a good thing). I know for sure that I'm excited about moving away from the old paradigms of traditional computing and into the cloud-centered/web browsing computing era.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote