View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 01:48 PM   #14
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewt View Post
Poking through Adobe, it seems they knew the drop cap codes wouldn't work a year-and-change ago:

I'll look at the drop cap code. It's most likely a bug in the Digital Editions. All of these properties are supported and should work.

Support for justification is optional per W3C CSS spec and support for margin value of auto is optional per IDPF OPS spec. We are planning to implement them at some point, but you can never rely on a reading system to support those.

I'm reasonably sure there's been an update or two since 10/07 to ADE, so, this hasn't been on the priority list.
If Llasram is right, and there's no reason to believe he isn't, the drop-caps themselves do work, it is the code after that that breaks them... I mean, maybe they actually fixed the caps, but left some other bug around.

So let's check it, how does this one look? (check chapters IX and XXXII too, they should have a larger negative indent in the first line).
Attached Files
File Type: epub test.epub (1.21 MB, 556 views)
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote