View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 01:25 AM   #11
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Do you know how to create eBooks?
Yes, both ePub and mobi/KF8. These days, I tweak the HTML code, CSS, OPF, NCX, etc., using Sigil, although I have created e-books completely "from scratch" too.

Quote:
Do you compulsively check the code (before reading)?
No, never. I don't use Calibre or similar programs. I just read on my Kindle or tablet.

Quote:
Are you bothered by crappy code (and try to fix it)?
Yes, very much, but not to the point that I feel compelled to fix the code. I've come across a few e-books with bad formatting and was able to get through them because the story was engrossing. The formatting problems were distracting (and mildly annoying), though.

If I encountered an e-book that was so poorly formatted that I found it impossible to read, I'd just move on to another book. I already have thousands of e-books waiting to be read.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote