View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 12:03 AM   #6
khmann
Enthusiast
khmann once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.khmann once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.khmann once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.khmann once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.khmann once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.khmann once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.khmann once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.khmann once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.khmann once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.khmann once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.khmann once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: b006
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPreciousss View Post
Can one even see the weekly/monthly/annual data usage?
I don't think so, but "they" can. If you were lucky and roaming in a country where you could actually access data bypassing the Amazon proxy, "they" would see the discrepancy between GSM bandwidth and proxy bandwidth and generate an alert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPreciousss View Post
What is the cap when surfing in home country? what is the cap when roaming to other countries? (say, US Kindle in India) ... What happens, say, if one visits image-heavy websites 24x7?
Perhaps you over-estimate the kindle-browser : ) but I would tend to assume it's "effectively" unlimited . With no flash, limited javascript, and the slow screen, I think you'd be hard-pressed to reach any kind of hard cap. I think it would be a challenge for even a hard-core un-hacked kindle user to top 100mb, so that would seem like a reasonable alarm threshold. Roaming usage could be more closely monitored as it is likely more expensive.

As long as "they" continue to receive the normal Kindle system logs which substantiate the device's usage (URLs, page navigation), I don't see how they could legally cut you off. Of course if you lied and used a US billing address (with no US access to show for it), well... better keep quiet and stay under the radar : )
khmann is offline   Reply With Quote