View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 10:53 PM   #5
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by derrell View Post
Open a terminal and enter this.
Code:
WINEPREFIX=/home/yourname/.winenew
wine regedit
That will set the WINEPREFIX variable to .winenew the next line starts the regedit program but wine will see the new value for WINEPREFIX and create everything in there you need. You can just close regedit but its a useful command to remember as you can change the windows PATH variable with it and other things.
OK, this is where I first got stuck. I forgot to change 'yourname' to my name!!!! To those that may try this just use: WINEPREFIX=~/.winenew

Quote:
Anyway now that you have your second fake windows ready to go you can follow ashkulz's instructions from the impmake thread except for the part about remove or backup your wine folder. As long as the WINEPREFIX var is set wine will know where to do what you want.

Wine wiki winetricks page
Actual link for winetricks script

This will break the gui portion of eBook Publisher in the .winenew directory but will allow you to run the command line tools from here, you still have a working install in the old .wine directory. See where changing WINEPREFIX starts to come into play?

After that is setup then go ahead and install your copy of ActiveState perl for windows in the .winenew directory.
Code:
wine ActivePerl_blah.exe
I got stuck here also, as I knew I wanted to install ActivePerl 5.8.8 build 820 per tompe's mobiperl warnings since that installation has everything he needed WORKING; maybe PAR.pm works there!

But, I'll never know since I couldn't find a .exe to install, just a .msi that needs 'Windows Script Hosting' installed (WSH.exe) but it's not available anymore on the web!!!

I tried: sh winetricks wsh56, but it aborted with an advpack.dll error popup!

I'm really stuck here. Could you check to see if you did something else here?

I know that this thing is hit-and-miss, but IF we can get it working consistently, then that may spark more .imp development for linux users. I mean two out of three developers in this forum use linux computers...

Hey, ashkulz, any thoughts, thoughts, thoughts, ...
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote