View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 12:02 PM   #56
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
That said, I am in complete amazement that people like you even have the guts to play around with their devices kudos to you!

It's a matter of risk assessment. I tend to believe that by now, I know those devices rather well, I (usually ) understand what I'm about to try, and I normally have one or two "safety nets" in place. But of course, there's no guarantee that my PW won't end up being bricked - which is why I'm still treating it much like a raw egg. At least in comparison to the K4 and KT - with the debricking methods which are by now available for these devices, you really have to try very hard to break them for good. So it's generally safe to try even the most adventurous stuff on a K4 or KT, as they can be recovered in 5 minutes. But not so for the Paperwhite.

(The simple reason is that the K4 and KT can be booted into a mode which allows to re-flash the device, while the Paperwhite can't - or at least, nobody knows how).
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote