View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 02:07 PM   #3
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Thanks for looking at it, BB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BensonBear View Post
It doesn't work for me either, but note that the dropcaps style has an absolute size for font-size. That really is not correct if you are going to be changing overall font-size in the document. I changed it to 400% and then it worked just fine on the Kobo.
Ahh, OK, that's helpful. So, for my own learning: it's better to use, say, percentages or em measurements than font sizes in points? I can see how that makes sense.

Thanks again!

(I've got a couple of teach-yourself books on HTML and CSS generically, but does anyone know of any that deal with how these are applied specifically to ebooks?)

Last edited by MacEachaidh; 05-11-2012 at 02:09 PM.
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote