View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 11:13 PM   #1
North19
Enthusiast
North19 began at the beginning.

Device: entourage eDGe, pocket eDGe, kindle
Library files for syncing

I'm trying to use Sugarsync to sync some of the websites-converted-into-epubs that are in my library. Sugarsync uploads all the files you pick to your online dropbox, where you can access it from other computers.

As far as I can see, Sugarsync on the eDGe can identify files to sync two ways:
* the easy way (where it syncs everything in a folder or folders you pick)
* the hard way (where it syncs individual files that you have manually identified by tap-and-holding on each until the menu comes up then clicking to say "sync this file")

I want to do it the easy way, but I don't want to sync everything in my library. (I have lots of public domain ebooks that I don't want synced).

So what I need is a way to set up a new "Files to sync" folder or subfolder the library can save to and read from that is NOT the default folder, so that I can just sync stuff in that new folder. Ideally I want to create the converted files in that new folder, and not move them after creation (fewer steps).

Is there a way to do this? Would getting an external card allow me to "save as" into a directory I can choose when saving (i.e. choose the folder where that library file will go)?

Or do I need to move the files after creating them, and then get to them some other way for library reading?
North19 is offline   Reply With Quote