View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 12:01 AM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMPotter View Post
The Amazon conversion service works surprisingly well for PDFs. I have two big complaints (which I told them about), but maybe you guys can fix this sooner than they can:

1. Equations in my PDFs (scientific papers) are almost always unreadable gibberish. Missing fonts for special symbols, I would guess.

2. I can't zoom in on figures, to see details, like axis labels on graphs. If the figure was a full letter-size page as a PDF, it becomes a full screen, with microscopic text.

Any ideas how to get around these or improve the readability of scientific/technical literature on PDFs?

-Steve
About the only thing is to do screen captures on those images and then look at the images outside the environment of the book. MobiPocket supports the idea of zooming an image but I am not sure that is implemented in the Reader however there is an image viewer that you can tap into I believe.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote