View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 11:19 AM   #8
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
You can force the firmware update by changing PRSVersion.dat.
thanks for that info, igorsk. i'm sure i could figure out how to do that, but i've decided not to try it, since the usb connexion is so unreliable ; i'm afraid it would disconnect partway through the update, and i'm pretty sure that would be bad.

just an update, i decided to let the holidays pass before trying to do anything, and last night i noticed some really weird behaviour. i was reading on size M, and when i turned a page, it would jump a few paragraphs or a full page too far, and i would miss large chunks of text. if i changed the display in any way (switch to size S text, or display / hide (depending on the current state) the notes bar), the missing text would miraculously appear. even a *very* odd thing happened when, in size S, i missed some text, so i tried to highlight the last line of the previous page to easily find my place after changing to a different size, hoping that the missing text would be there. the highlight wouldn't "stick" ; as soon as i released my finger from the screen, instead of flashing and staying, the highlight disappeared. when i closed the notes bar, the page changed as well to display the missing text (a full screen which had been missing), and on *that* page, the bottom line was highlighted.

anyway, yep, i'm pretty sure this 600 is not going to do it for me. thanks everybody for the help and good wishes ; if you could do me a huge favour, please cross your fingers i manage to get a replacement without too much trouble.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote