View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 04:48 AM   #26
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le_Sparte View Post
Oups, sorry, I've missed the notifications about this thread.

Hi everybody.

Many thanks for your answers. I agree with everything. Having three pages numbered with 1,2,3 chapter-titles is really ugly. That's exactly why I tried to get rid of it. For sure, we're on an emerging market here. I think (hope?) it's a problem of brave pioneers.

Sadly Hitch, I'll have to let your 0.2$ advice to some other authors out there. I'm not really fond of naming each chapter (at least for the kind of book I'm writing). I can understand it stimulates imagination, but for me, it produces the exact opposite effect. Cormac McCarthy named his chapters in Blood Meridian and it ruined my reading (tastes, you know). But I'll keep that advice for my next book!

The book is online now. Next time, I'll start directly with Sigil from Scratch.

Many thanks for your help!
Well, the thing is, ugly or otherwise, Amazon certainly requires it, in that, while they'll allow the upload of a book without one, if one single reader complains, you'll get it back to add the TOC.

My suggestion about the names is simply that--a suggestion. {shrug}. Myself, when I see clever chapter names, I enjoy them. I personally find the 1,2,3 thing...well. 'Nuff 'said. If you end up with 4 pages of numbers, that's what you have, as that's what you wrote. I don't think anyone will castigate you for writing a long book. ;-) Although, who knows; we're dealing in an age of persons with the attention span of gerbils, so...

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote