View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 01:31 PM   #1080
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Just switched over from a Kindle Touch and most of my wish list has been mentioned already. But in case anybody at Kobo is reading...

- Smoother highlighting. This has been my one big disappointment. It's so fiddly and hard to get just the right spot highlighted. I had other, lesser devices that did this just fine. It needs to be fixed.

- Google Translate. If you are reading foreign language books with compound verb tesnes, that can be a godsend. Maybe add it as an option in the dictionaries menu? So it would default to the onboard one as now, but then if you go into where you can pick a translation dictionary, there will be a new Google Translate option?

- Ability to pinch and zoom on images. Again, I have had lesser devices that can do this so it should be possible.

- Some kind of archived items or past purchases menu choice. I still have not figured out how to get at my past purchases which I removed from my 'I'm reading' but they are still in my account. Even from my computer, I can't figure it out.

- Some way to flag books which are not in a collection. Maybe there could be an auto-created collection of books which aren't already in one, so that you can then move them?

So far I like the Kobo Glo a lot. These are all little nitpicks. The highlighting is the only big issue for me. But these other things are little details which would make it that much better.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote