Thread: Calibre Speedup
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 11:04 PM   #9
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by unboggling View Post
Yeah, I wondered that too, some of them would blame OS X for broken symlinks that they broke themselves. But I'm not sure that accounts for all of it.
The alternative is to believe Apple broke BSD's softlinks.

They're like the people who say that Windows Named Streams (known as file forks in Unix) are places where virus's hide out - show me one I say - never got to see one.

But so what if a symlink/softlink gets broken, its only a link, the data's still there, just make a new link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unboggling View Post
I've been using Word 20+ years too and I didn't know that.
See attachment - its from Word 2007 Insert Symbols->Special Characters Tab

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	784
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	94035  
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote