View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 02:25 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndham View Post
I have just had a heated conversation with Amazon.co.uk (23 July 2012) - they actually telephoned me after I made a complaint - and they were quite clear that they only sell Kindle eBooks - so no more ePubs or similar.
They've never sold ePubs and they haven't sold other formats since before the Kindle first launched.

Quote:
AND, the Kindle eBooks they sell can only be read on a Kindle device or using a Kindle eReader app. So you can't copy them into Calibre (eg) and convert to ePub (etc).
The 'official line' has always been that you need a Kindle device/app to read Kindle books. That doesn't mean you can't put them in Calibre for conversion, just that Amazon isn't going to support it being done.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote