View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 01:05 AM   #9
Enkidu of Abydos
Master of Disaster
Enkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Here are some other comparisons that might interest you. The 950 is also faster at scanning/indexing when you start it after loading new files.
That's very good to know. I hate waiting an eternity for it to format a new book.
More zoom levels are also a plus.

Quote:
The larger internal memory is also a plus for me. I no longer have to rely on the SD card for storage like the 505.
I don't really need 2 GB (how many books can one read at one time ?) but it's a nice round number, better then 192 MB, and makes the SD card slot totally redundant.

Quote:
The 950 also seems to be more stable. I have fewer crashes / restarts on the 950 than I did with the 505.
I never experienced any crashes with the 505. Which firmware did you use, the old without file deletion or the newer that supports it ?
And you say you have crashes with the 950 too only fewer ? Damn that's really something I didn't want to hear, in addition to reading horror stories from users with defective batteries...

Last edited by Enkidu of Abydos; 02-22-2011 at 02:00 AM.
Enkidu of Abydos is offline   Reply With Quote