View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 07:11 PM   #4
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by prepbgg View Post
I'm looking for help in creating tables of contents for ebooks converted from MS Word documents.

I've tried applying the 'Heading 3' style and using Word's facility to create a table of contents and saving the resulting document as first an rtf file then an html file (since Calibre doesn't seem to accept doc files as input). However, I have not been able in Calibre to create a working TOC from either the rtf or the html files.

Can you please direct me to step-by-step guidance on how to do this, preferably using the Calibre GUI?

If it's necessary for me to use the Calibre Command-Line interface, can you suggest where I should go for beginners' instructions as to how I should use it?
I have a calibre tutorial that kind of goes over how to create a table of contents.

http://community.livejournal.com/fanfic_ebooks/

Basically, I just use < h2 > tags for all the headers I want in my table of contents.

There are a lot of screencaps.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote