View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 04:17 AM   #1
Nalapombu
Nalapombu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle FIRE
How Can I Read my Books on an Apple IPAD??

Hey all,

I have a 1st Gen Kindle Fire and I use Calibre. It works great and have had no problems at all. I am getting an IPAD soon and giving my Kindle to my niece. All of my books are in MOBI format. The ones I didn't download in MOBI I converted to that format from one of the others. What I am wanting to know is how I can still read the books I have on an IPAD.
I know there in an APP that will let me read my books that were purchased through Amazon and in my storage there that they keep for everyone that buys a book for their Kindle. I can buy a totally new Kindle and when I log on with my Amazon account info, I will see the books and apps I have got over the last year right there ready for me to just download them to my device. That would be great and there would be no problem, BUT not all of my books were purchased from Amazon. A lot of them were from free library sites and so forth. There are LOTS of sources with free books available and I have used it. I want to be able to read those books on the IPAD. I am highly doubtful that I could just plug my IPAD in and tell Calibre to transfer a few of those books over to the IPAD and it would recognize the MOBI format and work just fine.

How can I copy my MOBI files over to the IPAD and have them work just fine? Can it be done or will I have to go back and convert all those books to a new format that the IPAD will recognize? What format is that, if you don't mind telling me.

I'd like to know how to go about pulling this off as I don't want to lose the books I currently have. Can anyone tell me how to do it as painlessly as possible and have it work great?

Thanks for the help and time.

Nalajr