Thread: Touch Faulty Reader?
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 05:30 PM   #1
LcLk
Aperture Test Subject
LcLk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LcLk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LcLk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LcLk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LcLk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LcLk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LcLk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LcLk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LcLk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LcLk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LcLk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Faulty Reader?

Hello All( and a happy new year),

I got my first Eink reader for christmas, a brand new Kobo Touch but am rather unhappy after 2 weeks of usage.

I have searched around a bit but couldn't find any answers so would like to hear from other Kobo Touch users about my experience.

Firstly loading my first few purchases and free ebooks onto the kobo took three tries before they were all present (All ~10 books were showing up in the devices library but some wouldn't actually load, the reading bar would be present but no text would show.) On each try I deleted the sql file to reset the library before syncing.

When they were finally all there I used it for two weeks.
In this period the device froze three times, having to power it off and back on again each time.

The touch screen stopped working 7 times, having to restart the device to remedy the problem. The button still worked and so did sleep mode but I was unable to change pages or navigate the home screen.

Also after the first charge to 100%, after two days of use it was at 42%, acting sluggish and after restarting it informed me battery was low and needed charging ...

SO I'm puzzled.
most users seem happy with their Kobo Touch, is mine faulty, should I return it?
Any fixes?

Thank you
LcLk is offline   Reply With Quote