Thread: PRS-T2 PRS-T2
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 02:53 PM   #424
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdew View Post
I ended up with an Italian T2 when my bag with two PRS-505s was stolen in Italy. I can confirm that there are different dictionaries on the European models. They are:
New Oxford American Dictionary
Oxford Dictionary of English
Oxford-Hachette French Dictionary (En-Fr) and also (Fr-En)
Collins English German Dictionary and also German English
Oxford Spanish Dictionary (En-Es) and (Es-En)
Collins English Italian Dictionary and also Italian English
Van Dale Pocketwoordenboek English - Nederlands and also Nederlands - English

I was perfectly happy with the 505 - I don't really like the touch screen or feel the need for wireless - but the sample model was the only Sony available and I NEEDED to have my books. I'm sure I'll get used to it in time.
Which is identical to the list on the US T1. I think you'll find the touchscreen is much easier for both dictionary lookups and annotations. It doesn't make much difference for most other tasks. I still use the physical page buttons for my T1, not swiping the screen.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote