Thread: Duokan 2013
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 02:09 AM   #329
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead View Post
Can someone please explain what a folder view is and how to use it and what is a collection? Thanks.
A folder view is what you see when you are for instance using windows explorer. You see folders, and you can navigate in them. Well, Duokan has the same option. Which allows us to organize our books the way we want (per author, per genre, per whatever you wish) before copying the folders to the Kindle, Duokan will allow this "explorer view" and allow us to navigate in the folders.

A collection is a normal function offered by the Kindle to set collections of books and thus organize them. You can only put the books in a collection, which you could see as a one-level folder, but it is not a real folder organization. Many of us use the collection function to organize our book series, but are still missing the real folder view, and this is one of the very interesting function of Duokan.

@thomass: thanks a lot , you've been super helpful with your thread, it worked ! I originally had trouble installing Duokan on my K3 FW3.3 but re-jailbreaking and then unjailbreaking with the newest 0.10N version and factory resetting before installing Duokan did the trick in the end. After that, I saw that you had posted a newer version, but as the OTA indeed worked, I did not have to do much, just wait for it to be completed.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote