View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 07:30 AM   #53
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
@desirumguy: I have tried to find some tamil ebook in "real unicode" in .mobi format, but did not find any (I only found the ones in TSCII encoding in the thread you mentioned, but without installing the appropriate font, it obviously only displays garbage).

However, I have installed a thai ebook on the device, taken from the second post of this thread (downloaded the epub, and had calibre automatically convert it to .mobi).

It displays properly. (this is actually what I expected, since the KT comes with the Code 2000 font, which should support virtually all languages).

So my suggestion is, before you break your Kindle by installing some weird font hacks, give it a go with the installed font.

I tried a bit more, and created a small HTML test file which I converted to .mobi using this site. As far as I can tell, everything displays properly on the device. I'm attaching the files for reference, so you can check the results for yourself.

Again, this was verified to work on a *standard* Kindle with *no* font hack.

That will be answered by my uncle ( I know tamil, but that looks unknown to me)
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote