Thread: opf file
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 06:19 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by iomari View Post
I have some books from a another calibre lib that have opf files with the books. How can i import the opf into my database? When I add the book, the info I see in the opf file does not import into the existing database. I usually have to manually copy and paste the opf info into my current database.
These opf files do not need to be copied.

These are created automatically by calibre as a way of backing up your existing library's metadata.db file in the event of catastrophic loss or damage to the file. If the file is damaged there is a restore feature that utilizes these files to restore your metadata.db file.

Any new book you add will eventually (usually very quickly) have this file added to the directory.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote